- Submit a Request
General Information About C14 to C13 Splitter Power Cord Sets
Splitter power cords are used to connect one power source to multiple devices. Below we will cover the general terminology used when talking about splitter power cords.
- Splitter Box : The splitter box refers to the junction where the input side of the cord splits into 2x, 3x, or 4x output sides.
- Branch Length / Leg Length : The Branch Length or Leg Length refers to the length between the splitter box and the female connector. Some splitter cord sets can have different leg lengths for each leg, however most have identical leg lengths.
- Y-Splitter: A Y-Splitter has 2 legs
- Trident Splitter: A Trident splitter has 3 legs
IEC 60320 C14 CONNECTOR (MALE)
- The IEC 60320 C14 is a grounded 3 Wire Plug rated up to 250V and 15 Amps. The C14 mates with a C13 outlet, typically found on Data Center/IT specific PDUs (Power Distribution Unit). The IEC 60320 C14 is typically used with either 18awg SVT, 18awg SJT(OW), 16awg SJT(OW) or 14awg SJT(OW). The types of cordages used will change the rating of the overall cord set.
IEC 60320 C13 CONNECTOR (FEMALE)
- The IEC 60320 C13 is a grounded 3 Wire connector rated up to 250V and 15 Amps. The C13 mates with a C14 inlet, and is commonly used in a jumper cable scenario in IT Installations providing power from a PDU to a server, router, switch or other computing device. Most people know the C13 as 'the thing that plugs into my computer' because it is the standard connector used to power most desktop computers. In a desktop computer application, the most common cable is the NEMA 5-15P to C13, which connects your standard North American wall outlet to a desktop computer.
C14 to C13 Splitter Cables In the Data Center
Splitter power cables are used in data centers to utilize fewer outlets on a PDU. One common method of using splitter cables is for one splitter to connect the PDU on Circuit #1 to the Primary Power Supply on two different servers. Then, connect the PDU on Circuit #2 to the Secondary Power Supply Units on two different servers in the rack. This allows your servers to still have the redundancy of two completely separate circuits. However, if the splitter disconnects from the PDU, two servers will be running on only one power supply unit instead of only one server being disconnected.
C14 to C13 Splitter Cables In the Home/Office
Splitter power cables are used in offices/homes to reduce clutter on a desk. By connecting the C14 to the C13 connector on an existing computer power cable, you can use this as an extension cord with two C13 connectors to connect to your computer and monitor. This allows you to only use 1 outlet for all of your equipment. These splitter cables are also perfect for use in multiple monitor configurations in order to connect all monitors to just one outlet.
White Label Shipping
Are you a reseller looking for Blind or White Label Drop Shipping? We offer both! During checkout simply select "Blind Shipping", then either upload your own packing slip, or, upload your logo and part numbers into ours. You will receive automated tracking emails as soon as your order has been packed so you can keep your customer up to date in realtime. Blind drop shipping has never been easier.
Manufactured Under ISO: 9001
Our power cord sets are manufactured under an ISO 9001 quality management system to ensure that you get the same outstanding quality with on every order you place.
Warning : This component may be in use for other products, categories, or product-lines. Editing will affect the component everywhere it is used. x Choose Image FullscreenBoldItalicUnderlineStrikethroughSubscriptSuperscriptFont FamilyArialGeorgiaImpactTahomaTimes New RomanVerdanaFont Size89101112141824303648607296ColorsInline StyleBig RedSmall BlueParagraph StyleGrayBorderedSpacedUppercaseParagraph FormatNormalHeading 1Heading 2Heading 3Heading 4CodeAlignAlign LeftAlign CenterAlign RightAlign JustifyOrdered ListUnordered ListDecrease IndentIncrease IndentQuoteIncreaseDecreaseInsert LinkInsert ImageInsert VideoUpload FileInsert TableEmoticonsΩSpecial CharactersInsert Horizontal LineSelect AllClear FormattingPrintHelpCode ViewUndoRedoAll of our NorthAmerican use Power Cord Sets are UL listed under E503529. This means that you can be sure that all of our power cord sets are of the highest quality and are certified for use in the United States.
UL Listed : E503526
All of our NorthAmerican use Power Cord Sets are UL listed under E503529. This means that you can be sure that all of our power cord sets are of the highest quality and are certified for use in the United States.
With over 30 years of experience in the power and data industry, we have the expertise to help
find exactly what you are
looking for. We're more than just an online store, we have experts in the power and data
that can help you online, over the phone, or via email.
Have a request from a customer and not sure what you need? Let us quote it for you!
Looking for a specific product and can't find it? Let us find it for you!
Need a question answered quickly? Live Chat with us!
Ask us a Question