- Submit a Request
General Information about C14 to C5 Power Cord Sets
C14 to C5 power cords and cord sets have two primary functions.
- Used to connect a power distribution unit (PDU) with C13 outlets, to a power supply unit with a C6 inlet.
- Used to convert a power cord or cord set with a C13 connector (female) to a C5. One common application is converting a NEMA 5-15P to C13 computer power cable to be able to mate with a laptop power supply with a C6 inlet.
Choosing the correct C14 to C5 Power Cord Set
As shown above, there are three different C14 to C5 power cables. Below, we will review the the three categories to help make a more informed buying decision.
- 2.5A 250V : The 2.5A 250V rated cord sets are made for use internationally, where the power source is supply 250V of power. These cord sets utilize a robust SJT jacket and 18awg conductors.
- 10A 125V : The 10A 125V rated cord sets are made for use in North America, where the power source is supplying 125V power. This includes Canada, United States, and Mexico. These cord sets utilize a robust SJT jacket and 18awg conductors.
- 2.5A 250V : The 2.5A 250V rated cord sets with LSZH cordage are used in locations where smoke from a fire could damage equipment or harm humans. Normal SJT (Service Junior Thermoplastic) cordage releases harmful halogens when burned that could cause serious damage to equipment or harm to humans. LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) cordage produces significantly less smoke than SJT cordage, and, does not contain the harmful Halogens.
IEC 60320 C14 CONNECTOR (MALE)
- The IEC 60320 C14 is a grounded 3 Wire Plug rated up to 250V and 15 Amps. The C14 mates with a C13 outlet, typically found on Data Center/IT specific PDUs (Power Distribution Unit). The IEC 60320 C14 is typically used with either 18awg SVT, 18awg SJT(OW), 16awg SJT(OW) or 14awg SJT(OW). The types of cordages used will change the rating of the overall cord set.
IEC 60320 C5 CONNECTOR (FEMALE)
The IEC 60320 C5 is a grounded 3 Wire connector rated up to 250V and 2.5 Amps Internationally or 125V and 10 Amps in North America. The C5 mates with a C6 inlet, and is commonly used for laptop power supplies, projectors, and some televisions. Being slightly smaller in size than the C13, the C5 can be a good choice for smaller appliances. This connector is sometimes referred to as a "Mickey Mouse" connector due to the shape of the connector looking similar to the kids television show character.
White Label Shipping
Are you a reseller looking for Blind or White Label Drop Shipping? We offer both! During checkout simply select "Blind Shipping", then either upload your own packing slip, or, upload your logo and part numbers into ours. You will receive automated tracking emails as soon as your order has been packed so you can keep your customer up to date in realtime. Blind drop shipping has never been easier.
With over 30 years of experience in the power and data industry, we have the expertise to help
find exactly what you are
looking for. We're more than just an online store, we have experts in the power and data
that can help you online, over the phone, or via email.
Have a request from a customer and not sure what you need? Let us quote it for you!
Looking for a specific product and can't find it? Let us find it for you!
Need a question answered quickly? Live Chat with us!
Ask us a Question